Ginger is often present in various beverages and cuisine, it has many health benefits for the body.
Scientific name: Zingiber officinale ROSCs.
It is time we break free from chemical substances carried by imported foods, and it's time we all change our eating philosophy. We return again to the original purpose of the point is that we eat to promote health and fitness.Various types of beverages archipelago which can be classified as functional food, among others, noodles ginger, ginger ale. Savor traditional beverages, among others, can warm the body, prevent colds, coughs, influenza, rheumatism, increase stamina, digestion and anti-diarrheal.I will focus on Ginger, Ginger Why? Because the Ginger many benefits for health and fitness.
General characteristics of Ginger:
Herbaceous plants are annuals, erect and 40-50 cm high. Pseudo-stem, grooved, form a rhizome, and green. Single leaf, lancet-shaped, flat edge, pointed tip, base obtuse, and colored hijua old. Compound interest, grain-shaped, narrow, pointed tip, 3.5 to 5 cm long, 1.5 to 2 cm wide, funnel-shaped crown with a length of 2 to 2.5 cm, and colored purple. Fruit box, elliptic, and brown. Seeds are round and black.
Chemistry Ingredients Ginger:
Ginger essential oil contains about 1-3 percent. The main components of essential oils that cause the smell of ginger is zingiberen and zingiberol. Oleoresin content of ginger causing a bitter taste. Ginger oleoresin contains a lot of spicy flavor-forming component that does not evaporate. Components in ginger oleoresin consists of gingerol and zingiberen, shagaol, essential oils and resins. Spicy ginger flavored in the main is zingerol.
Ginger always been used as drugs, or herbs and various other purposes. Ginger can stimulate the digestive glands, either to arouse appetite and digestion.
Ginger is used as seasoning especially efficacious to increase appetite, strengthening the stomach, and improves digestion. This is possible because the mucous membrane terangsangnya entrails issued by the essential oils of ginger rhizome.
Oil of ginger contains gingerol a typical fragrant ginger, efficacious to prevent and treat nausea and vomiting, such as motion sickness or in young pregnant women.Also felt a sharp stimulate appetite, strengthens intestinal muscles, helping to remove intestinal gas and help the heart function. In traditional Asian medicine, ginger is used to treat colds, coughs, diarrhea and inflammatory diseases like arthritis joints. Ginger is also used to enhance the cleansing of the body through sweat.
Modern research has scientifically proven benefits of ginger, among others:
Lowering blood pressure (hypertension). This is because ginger stimulates the release of the hormone adrenaline and widen blood vessels, resulting in blood flow faster and smoother and lighten the work of the heart pumps blood.Helps digestion, because ginger contains digestive enzymes that protease and lipase, which digests each protein and fat.Prevent blockage of blood vessels. Gingerol in ginger is an anticoagulant, which prevents blood clotting. So to prevent blockage of blood vessels, a major cause of strokes and heart attacks.Prevent the nausea, because ginger is able to block serotonin, a chemical that can cause the stomach to contract, causing nausea. Including nausea caused by motion sickness.Make the stomach to be comfortable, relieve stomach cramps and helps remove the wind.Neutralize free radicals. Ginger also contains antioxidants that help neutralize the damaging effects caused by free radicals in the body.Ginger as Medicine Practical
Natural pain relief and can ease arthritis pain, headaches, and migraines. The trick, drinking ginger 3 times daily. Suck candy ginger, or add the ginger when the soto, stews, or rendang.Ginger leaves are also nutritious, as a compress on headache medicine and can splash to the face of people who are shivering. The trick with crushed and given little water can be used as a compress on the headache medicine and can dipercikan to face people who are shivering.Strengthening food digestion and expel gas in it, treat a swollen liver, cough and fever. You do this by pounding the roots and boil in boiling water for about ½ hour, then drink the water.Treat arthritis. Prepare 1 or 2 ginger rhizome. Preheat the rhizome on the fire or coals and then crushed. Paste the collision of ginger on the body of arthritic pain.Another way is dengam mashing together cloves, and placed on the body of rheumatism.Treating wounds abrasions, sharps stabbed, hit by a thorn, fell, and snake bites. The trick rhizome red ginger crushed and added a little salt. Put on the injured body part.Treat itching due to insect stings. You do this by pounding the roots and then used as a liniment.Treat poisonous snake bite wound. You do this by mashing rhizome and a little salt, then placed on a poisonous snake bite wounds (just as first aid before the patient was taken to a doctor).
As for Ginger Benefits include: Among the benefits of ginger are:
1. Lowering blood pressure. This is because ginger stimulates the release of the hormone adrenaline and widen blood vessels, resulting in blood flowing quickly and smoothly, and ease the work of the heart pumps blood.
2. Ginger helps digestion because it contains digestive enzymes, namely protease and lipase, which digests each protein and fat.
3. Gingerol in ginger is an anticoagulant, which prevents blood clotting, prevent blockage of blood vessels leading cause of strokes and heart attacks. Gingerol also can help lower cholesterol levels.
4. Prevent the nausea, because ginger is able to block serotonin, are compounds that can cause stomach causing nausea contract, including nausea due to motion sickness. It is also beneficial for pregnant mothers who are young, often there is a sense of nausea and vomiting continue to
5. Strengthen the stomach and make it a safe, That's because lenders can stimulate the lining of the stomach and intestine by essential oils of ginger rhizome issued.Additionally ginger can also relieve stomach cramps and helps remove the wind.
6. Ginger contains anti oxidants that help mentralkan damaging effects caused by free radicals in the body.
7. Arouse passion and appetite, because ginger stimulates the digestive gland.
8. Ginger can also be used to treat coughs, colds, diarrhea, arthritis and bone disease.
9. Ginger serves also cleanse the body through sweat.
10. Able to relieve stomach pain and restore joint inflammation.
11. Ginger proved efficacious as karminativum or may stimulate the release of gas from the stomach so as to treat colds.
12. Its warm the body is also believed to reduce nausea, cough and mild flu symptoms.
13. Prevent pain due to diabetes, a study conducted on mice with diabetes found that rats given ginger decreased incidence of pain caused by diabetes.
14. Other studies mentioned, protease and lipase enzyme content contained in ginger works break down proteins and fats. These enzymes that help digest and absorb foods that increase your appetite.
15. Ginger also protects the digestive system by decreasing gastric acidity.Acetone and methanol compounds in ginger are also able to inhibit the irritation of the digestive tract. Benefits, stomach pain can be reduced by taking ginger.Inflammatory arthritis / rheumatoid arthritis can also be overcome by consuming a lot of ginger because ginger inhibits the production of prostaglandins, hormones in the body that can trigger inflammation.
16. Stimulates the release of adrenal hormones that can widen blood vessels so the body becomes warm, the blood flows more smoothly and reducing blood pressure.
17. Ginger also contains the compound cineole and arginine are able to overcome premature ejaculation. These compounds also stimulate an erection, prevent sterility and strengthen the endurance of sperm. Nothing wrong if someone else called him the food or food aphrodisiac libido booster, special is not it?
18. Treatment of ovarian cancer, Ginger is one weapon that is effective in the treatment of ovarian cancer.
19. Preventing colon cancer, Because ginger can also slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
20. Healing of nausea due to pregnancy, review results of some studies suggest, ginger is also as effective as vitamin B6 in overcoming nausea triggered by pregnancy.
21. Relieve migraines, study found that ginger can relieve migraine pain by stopping work prostaglandins, causing pain and inflammation of the blood vessels.
22. Relieves cramps, In Chinese medicine, ginger is also used to treat menstrual cramps due.
23. Prevent pain due to diabetes, a study conducted on mice with diabetes found that rats given ginger decreased incidence of pain caused by diabetes.